- 70 min
- 10 min
If you want something more than just a simple chicken recipe Enviedeplus suggests this chicken with orange and star anise; It is perfect for every occasion
Ingredients (serves 5 people)
- 6 chicken thighs (or a mix of thighs and legs)
- 1. Heat a thin layer of oil in a non- stick frying pan.Once hot, add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Transfer the chicken to a roasting tin or ovenproof dish. Drain most of the chicken fat out of the pan and discard.
- 2. Chop one of the onions and sautÃ© for a minute in the pan, then add the ginger and crushed garlic. Stir for another minute. Add the star anise and chilli and sautÃ© for a further 30 to 60 seconds.Remove from the heat and spoon over the chicken pieces.
- 3. Chop the other onion into wedges and add it, along with the pepper, butternut and head of garlic, to the roasting tin.
- 4. Mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, orange juice and chicken stock together in a small jug and pour a little of this mixture over into the roasting tin. Cover the tin with a lid or foil and bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5. Remove from the oven. Baste the chicken with the sauce and add the orange slices to the pan.Return to the oven uncovered and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked and tender.
- 6. Mixthe cornflour with the remaining liquid mixture in the jug. Strain off the juices from the roasting tin. Mix together with the liquid in the jug and heat in a small saucepan, stirring until it thickens. Season to taste. Pour over the chicken. Serve with rice or Asian noodles.