Just like a fruit salad is incomplete without the addition of a guava, skin care is incomplete without guava leaves. High in vitamin C, fibres and potassium, guava leaves are here to save you from all the skin problems you’re facing!
Using guava leaves for skin care is going to be the best thing that ever happened to you since a long time. Remember those days when your skin felt clear and fresh? Rejoice coz’ those days are returning. However beneficial you thought guava for skin was, its leaves are even better. We have listed for you 10 benefits of guava leaves for skin as well as a guava face pack.
8 Amazing Ways To Use Guava Leaves For Skin Care Problems:
1. Soothes itches
For an instant cure to soothe an itch caused by an insect bite or an allergy, guava leaves are your go-to ingredient. These lovely leaves contain allergy blockers, which help relieve the itch as well as soothe your skin to prevent inflammation.
Rich in anti-oxidants, guava leaves destroy the free radicals that cause damage to your skin. This leaves your skin with a naturally fairer complexion and protects it from aging as well.
- Blend some guava leaves with a few tbsps. of yoghurt and apply on your face.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse off with water and a mild facewash.
- Also, don’t forget to moisturize the skin with Olay Total Effects 7 IN ONE Anti-Ageing Night Cream every day before going to bed
3. Rids you of blackheads
How To Use:
- Mashed guava leaves mixed with rose water makes a great scrub.
- It not only cleans your skin and opens your pores, it helps in the easy removal of blackheads from your face.
- Scrub away the dead skin cells as well, making way for fresher, cleaner skin.
- Repeat every day for a flawless glow!
4. No more acne
- Using guava leaves for acne helps keep it under control.
- Their anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties kill the bacteria, leaving you with clearer skin every day.
- Mash a couple of leaves and apply directly to the affected area regularly to see amazing results.
Heat boils is also one of the common skin care problems along with acne. Check out causes, home treatment and prevention tips for heat boils here.
5. Lightens blemishes
Guava leaves are excellent agents of skin whitening.
How To Use:
- Applying a guava leaf face pack every day gives you a glow like no other ingredient will.
- It also helps lighten blemishes and takes care of your age spots as well.
Who knew chlorophyll could help your skin breathe!
6. Improves complexion
The medicinal properties in guava leaves help reduce pigmentation on your skin along with improving its health. It shrinks the pores on your skin and prevents pollution from getting in.
How To Use:
- Mash a handful of these leaves and mix them with some multani mitti and rose water.
- Apply on your face, keep for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
- Repeat every day for flawless complexion in no time!
7. Steer clear of infections
The anti-bacterial properties of guava leaves treats scalp infections and soothes them as well. If you’re suffering from a scalp infection, boil some guava leaves in water and use it as a final rinse on your hair. This will curb hair loss as well.
8. Treats oily skin
Guava leaves helps treat all problems related to oily skin.
- You’ll need 4 tbsp. of guava leaf paste.
- Add 2 tbsp. of lemon juice to it and apply on your face.
- Leave for half an hour and repeat this face pack every day. It will leave you with fresher, cleaner skin.