how to make vegetarian gyozas
- 20 min
- 20 min
If you want to learn how to make vegetarian potstickers the easy way Enviedeplus suggests this vegetarian gyozas recipe; Easy, quick and absolutely tasty!
Ingredients (serves 5 people)
- For 10 pieces:
- 1. Heat two tablespoons of canola oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. SautÃ© the mushrooms until soft and lightlybrowned, then stir in the cashews, spring onions, carrots, garlic, ginger and soysauce. Stir-fryfor five minutes.
- 3. Prepare the dipping sauce byfinelychopping the spring onions then mixing with all the other dipping sauce ingredients.
- 5. Take a dumpling wrapper and place two teaspoons of the stir-fried vegetable mixture in the centre. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with a little bit ofwater on your fingertip and then fold in half, making sure you squeeze out as much of the air as possible. Pleat the edges bypinching to seal.
- 7. Heat the remaining two tablespoons of canola oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, start shallowfrying the dumplings but trynot to overcrowd the pan otherwise the dumplings will stick together.Cook for three to five minutes.Once the bottom of the dumplings are lightlybrowned, slowlyfill the pan with about half an inch of hotwater but be careful so that the oil doesn’t splatter.
- 8. Cover the pan immediatelyand cook for five minutes.Repeat this step, adding one tbsp of oil for cooking each batch, until all your gyozas are ready.
- 10. Once cooked, serve with the dipping sauce and eatwhile hot.Use chopsticks for the full Japanese experience but if you are not skilled enough, the gyozas taste just as good when using your fingers!