- 20 min
- 15 min
Enviedeplus gives you tips for an appetizing sardine potato cake; Everyone will be satisfied by this different, tasty and super healthy recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1. 2 x120g tins smoked sardines in oil, drained (the LuckyStar ones are delicious!)
- 1. Mash the potatoes and let then steam drya little in the hot pot.
- 2. Stir in the drained sardines and break them up.
- 3. Add the spring onion, chillies, parsleyand egg yolk and season well.
- 4. Shape into small cakes and refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up.
- 5. Meanwhile prepare 3 plates: one with flour, a second with a beaten egg and a third with breadcrumbs.
- 6. Dip the fish cakes in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- 7. Shallow-fryover a medium heat until golden (about 5 minutes) on each side.
- 8. Serve on a bed of rocket leaves with lemon-flavoured mayonnaise or sweet chilli sauce.