One of the stand-out favorites is this rainbow quinoa salad recipe, which is bold in both taste and color: “I love the flavor of this protein-packed quinoa salad,” says Coscarelli. “When I feel like I’ve overeaten or just want something a little bit cleaner, I turn to this salad for lunch because it is packed with veggies and nutrients.” (FYI, Kayla Itsines has a delish quinoa salad recipe too.)
With a fresh mix of carrots, cherry tomatoes, edamame, cherries, and more, this vegan quinoa salad recipe is a visually enticing rainbow with the bonus of actually making you feel healthier. And, truly, what’s better than that? (Okay, maybe Coscarelli’s Vegan Beet Burger Recipe.)
Vegan Rainbow Quinoa Salad
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 small carrot, shredded or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Sea salt
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, agave, and tamari. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, carrot, tomatoes, edamame, cabbage, scallions, cranberries, and almonds. Add the desired amount of dressing and toss to coat. Add salt to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds.
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free tamari.
Reprinted from Chloe Flavor.